539A Advanced Mediation Training 2 August 2021
THE SOCIETY'S ADVANCED MEDIATOR COURSE - A MUST FOR MEDIATORS
Delivered worldwide by Zoom starting at 1100 GMT (1000 BST).
As part of the 2021 programme of Continuous Professional Development and 'Pathway to Professionalism' programme, The Society of Mediators is pleased to offer a One Day Course in “Developing Higher Level Mediation Skills and Competencies.”
Speakers and subjects Include:
Jonathan Dingle FRSA - Taking mediation to a higher level.
Dom Collis - SEND Mediation : an introduction for practitioners
Ruby Sandhu - Ethical challenges in mediation
John Sephton - Perceptual Positions: Stepping into other people’s shoes.
Dr Mike Bott - Mediation: The Psychiatrist’s View
Dr Gwenllian Williams PhD - Mediation – The Psychologist’s View
Andrea Barnes - recognising vulnerable people
Claire Kean - Building a mediation business
"SUPERB TRAINING - IT REALLY MOVED ME TO THE NEXT LEVEL" - Barrister Mediator 2020
The day also involves a unique peer review and discussion workshop which will enable participants to share and learn from the experiences of their fellow mediators. his exciting and dynamic course in our new training rooms at 218 Strand is ideal for mediators who are either well established in their practice or who have completed a number of independent mediations and now feel ready to learn new skills and competencies, whilst reflecting on their practice so far. The programme is intensive, yet gives time to think, reflect and engage with colleagues across the profession.
Learning outcomes include:
* Achieving a full refreshment of mediation protocols
* Understanding the new Code of Practce in action
* Learning how to build a mediation business
* Gaining a fuller understanding of advanced techniques used internationally
* Updating on the contempory mediation environment
* Gaining deeper perspectives on the psychology of conflict resolution
* Gaining deeper perspectives on the psychiatry of conflict resolution
* Learning how to apply advanced techniques in the mediation
* Enabling communication skills in seemingly intractable situations
* Consolidating previous learning
* Achieving a higher level of fluency in mediation
* Gaining a higher level of ethical awareness
* Applying mediation techniques in everyday business and life
Delegates are encouraged to bring an issue they have actually encountered in a mediation that they would be prepared to share, in a confidential environment, with fellow delegates. The purpose being, to learn through others, in a shared way, in sessions led by highly experienced mediators.
Advanced Mediation (8 Hours Mediation CPD + Certification)